I did one of these earlier this month and already need to update it…
I’ll start with the updates. Along with normal life and work stuff, this is what I’m working on:
- Still working on edits for the short film Lullaby by writer/director Ce Anderson
- Still working on edits for some cast/crew interviews from the feature film Spiritus by writer/director LC Holt
- Editing a music video for Brineaboy that we shot this past weekend in Nashville (if I had time, I could write an entire post about how great that shoot was… but it’ll have to wait for now.. search for #brineaboyvid on Insagram for photos.)
- I’ll be editing Feb. 2017 Guitar Pull photos soon
- Working on a longer-term film project that I’ll announce publicly once I get further into it
Now for some announcements:
- I mentioned last week that Four Thousand Wings, Best Friends Forever, and The Pretty Brunette were all screening at the upcoming George Lindsey Film Festival in Florence, AL.
- Four Thousand Wings will also be on Amazon soon. I’ll post about it once it’s officially available to view.
- Next solo acoustic performance will be Friday, March 3 at Head on the Door in Montgomery, AL. I’m opening for Breaking Aim and the Rhythm for their album release show.
- Also, I will be releasing a live 5-song EP and video performance soon. This project was made possible by filmmakers C. DeWayne Cunningham and Sylvester Folks, along with Jen Powell, Malerie Bussell, and the rest of the kind folks of Seville Beauty & Barber Shop.
- The poster for Spiritus was release this week:
Thanks for reading. More coming soon!
Just a couple of quick updates:
1. The first review of Spiritus is up at the Horror Movie Freaks website.
“A slow burning tale of a spectres revenge and learning your actions have consequences…even beyond the grave!” 4/5 stars.
Read the entire review here.
2. The George Lindsey UNA Film Festival is going on March 2-4 in Florence, AL. If you happen to be in that area on March 2, Four Thousand Wings is screening, along with two films written and directed by my friend C. DeWayne Cunningham of Carolyn Jean’s Son VISIONS – Best Friends Forever and The Pretty Brunette.
See the 2017 schedule here.
More coming soon…
Figured since updates might be a bit sparse, I should at least make another “Now” post. (For more about the “Now” thing, see a previous post about it.)
So, along with normal life and work stuff, this is what I’m working on:
- Editing the short film Lullaby by writer/director Ce Anderson.
- Editing audio for a live music/video project with filmmaker C. DeWayne Cunningham of Carolyn Jean’s Son VISIONS.
- Editing some behind-the-scenes interviews for the feature film Spiritus by writer/director LC Holt.
Along with that, there’s a couple of other film and music projects that are in varying levels of pre-production and production that I’ll be announcing in the weeks and months to come.
And of course, you can follow this blog via email for when there are updates, and keep in touch on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Last night, I was interviewed by phone on the new 3AM podcast. We discussed a lot, including the music and film work I’ve been involved with over the years. They got it posted pretty quickly last night, so it’s available today.
Click here to listen.
The entire Montgomery Film Festival VIII intermission is up on Vimeo, including the “FudgeIt Auto Sales” ad!
The latest installment of the Montgomery Film Festival was Saturday night, and in keeping with tradition, the intermission included fake ads.
My friend Sherman Williams and I had come up with an idea for a fake car ad, so we got together one day with a couple of “customers” – played by Rachael Dotson and Charles Williams – and filmed an ad for “FudgeIt Auto Sales.”
Warning: language is NSFW (although censored out.) Enjoy.
Land of the Freed
Land of the Freed, the short film written and directed by my friend Trishunda Mooney, is now available to view on YouTube!
Here is the synopsis from IMDb:
On duty cop, RICHARD MCDOUGLAS makes the cover of local paper near teen, CURTIS GRAHAM with headlines that read: “Police Officer under investigation in death of armed teen. Though RICHARD appears to have it all under control, that all seems to fade away as he faces the reality of his wife, RHONDA MCDOUGLAS’ and son, MICHAEL MCDOUGLAS’ unhappiness. Scene is set; stressed out, over worked cop kills an armed teen. Surely there has to be more to the story…or is it?
I was hired on as Director of Photography/Camera Operator on this project, and along with that, Terrible Master Films signed on as a co-producer.
This was a fun shoot with a great cast and crew, and I must thank Trishunda for believing in me as a cinematographer to help capture her vision.
I learned a lot from working on this project, and the feedback has been great. So here is the short film Land of the Freed:
The Foolish Henry Films crew joined together with Buck’s Row last year to help produce L.C. Holt’s debut feature film Spiritus, and today, the official trailer is up on YouTube:
One year after the mysterious death of Marjorie Hines, a group of her friends – each grieving in their own way – begin to suspect there was more to her suicide than initially suspected. More and more details emerge as one of them attempts to make a documentary film about her life, details which suggest some of them may be more to blame than others. The only problem is that Marjorie’s spirit is restless and ready to claim vengeance, one way or the other. It’s going to take more than amateur detective work to appease the monster waiting in the dark.
Be sure to like the Spiritus page on Facebook.