…on the Facebook page.
I was recruited by a friend of mine in Chicago to create a theme song to an upcoming podcast called “Riverside Falls.”
The podcast launches on March 8 at this link: arcadeaudio.net/riversidefalls
Like the other Glorious 70mm releases, this song is priced at “name your price” (even if $0.00) for personal enjoyment.
I present: “The Township of Riverside Falls”
I did one of these earlier this month and already need to update it…
I’ll start with the updates. Along with normal life and work stuff, this is what I’m working on:
- Still working on edits for the short film Lullaby by writer/director Ce Anderson
- Still working on edits for some cast/crew interviews from the feature film Spiritus by writer/director LC Holt
- Editing a music video for Brineaboy that we shot this past weekend in Nashville (if I had time, I could write an entire post about how great that shoot was… but it’ll have to wait for now.. search for #brineaboyvid on Insagram for photos.)
- I’ll be editing Feb. 2017 Guitar Pull photos soon
- Working on a longer-term film project that I’ll announce publicly once I get further into it
Now for some announcements:
- I mentioned last week that Four Thousand Wings, Best Friends Forever, and The Pretty Brunette were all screening at the upcoming George Lindsey Film Festival in Florence, AL.
- Four Thousand Wings will also be on Amazon soon. I’ll post about it once it’s officially available to view.
- Next solo acoustic performance will be Friday, March 3 at Head on the Door in Montgomery, AL. I’m opening for Breaking Aim and the Rhythm for their album release show.
- Also, I will be releasing a live 5-song EP and video performance soon. This project was made possible by filmmakers C. DeWayne Cunningham and Sylvester Folks, along with Jen Powell, Malerie Bussell, and the rest of the kind folks of Seville Beauty & Barber Shop.
- The poster for Spiritus was release this week:
Thanks for reading. More coming soon!
Figured since updates might be a bit sparse, I should at least make another “Now” post. (For more about the “Now” thing, see a previous post about it.)
So, along with normal life and work stuff, this is what I’m working on:
- Editing the short film Lullaby by writer/director Ce Anderson.
- Editing audio for a live music/video project with filmmaker C. DeWayne Cunningham of Carolyn Jean’s Son VISIONS.
- Editing some behind-the-scenes interviews for the feature film Spiritus by writer/director LC Holt.
Along with that, there’s a couple of other film and music projects that are in varying levels of pre-production and production that I’ll be announcing in the weeks and months to come.
Last night, I was interviewed by phone on the new 3AM podcast. We discussed a lot, including the music and film work I’ve been involved with over the years. They got it posted pretty quickly last night, so it’s available today.
Just wanted to give some quick film updates.
This past Saturday, writer/director Trishunda Mooney held a screening for her short film Land of the Freed at the Sanctuary in downtown Montgomery. I served as Director of Photography on that film, and Terrible Master Films is a co-producer.
We had a good crowd, and I appreciate the great feedback we received on the film. The film’s editor, C. DeWayne Cunningham of Carolyn Jean’s Son Visions, captured this clip of Trishunda during the Q&A session after the screening:
From behind the scenes to Front & Center…. 1Time for Lil Mooney, the super multi-talented woman with a vision. We are super proud of you Trishunda aka @mstmooney, you took your original ideal from the page to the screen, That's Awesome, You Are AWESOME, you got that #BlackGirlMagic.!!! CONGRATULATIONS on a successful premiere screening of "Land of the Freed" #LOTF, we enjoyed every minute of it. PLEASE SUPPORT OUR ARTISTS!! #EnoughIsEnough #GetTheFullStory #BLM #IndieFilms #Support #Art #Acting #Actor #FilmLife #SetLife #NoDaysOff #iDGT #CJSV
The horror film Spiritus, written and directed by L.C. Holt and produced by Buck’s Row in association with Foolish Henry Films, is complete. Shane Gillis (director and co-writer of Death to the World) has finished the score, and the finishing touches have been applied.
And production has begun on a new short film by Sylvester Folks, the writer/director behind The Ghost and the Negro and Mercy and Plea. It’s called Justus & Pece, and it will continue production in the coming weeks. More news on that soon.
Thanks for reading.
Back on Set & Steady Paying Dues …. Day 1 of filming "Justus & Pece": 1Time for Writer/Director/Shooter/Editor Sylvester K. Folks as he's finally promoted me from "Best Boy/Grip" to "Certified Slate Operator" on an @elyjrtheather production while @joshcarples handles sound. #BlackLivesMatter #ElyJr #NoJustice #NoPeace #BLM #Acting #IndieFilms #Canon #RodeMic #TMF #BeardGang #FilmLife #SetLife #NoDaysOff #iDGT #CJSV
Nothing deeply philosophical to discuss at the moment, so I’ll just give some quick updates.
The current production at the Cloverdale Playhouse is Dead Man’s Cellphone. It started last week and runs tonight through Sunday. Before the show’s opening, I got to team up with C. DeWayne Cunningham of Carolyn Jean’s Son Visions to help shoot a promo for the play. View it here. And go see the play!
Let’s see… what else? Oh, I’ve started working on a new solo album. I began tracking with Aaron Burton recently. No clue as to when I’ll finish, but it is in the works.
I recently got the chance to be part of the film Union, written and directed by Whitney Hamilton.
And a short film I served as 2nd Assistant Director on earlier this year in Atlanta – The Talk, written and directed by Jay Ward – has been accepted into some film festivals: Los Angeles Film Awards, Chandler International Film Festival, and the Hollywood Boulevard Film Festival.
Also, the short film Altschmerz, written and directed by Somica Spratley, has made it into another film festival – the Ax Wound Film Festival in Vermont. It’s showing Nov. 5.
The October edition of the Guitar Pull at the Cloverdale Playhouse was last night. Another great night, this time in their new courtyard area. I’ll be posting pics from that soon.
More stuff in the works… Thanks for reading. You can follow this blog via email (see the right side of the page) or hit me up via social media (links also on the right.)