This Thursday, I’m performing at Against the Grain with Hello Crescendo, a band from Pensacola who is described as “progressive, psychedelic, indie rock.” 8:30 pm. $5.
Also this Thursday, Witchchord is playing with Pleasant Valley at the Sanctuary. 9 pm. $5. One of the Witchchord members is Shane Gillis, director of Bad Deal, a short film that went into production this past weekend.
Bad Deal is the new Foolish Henry Films production (the folks that brought you Death to the World, City Federal, and joined together with Buck’s Row to produce Spiritus.) In Bad Deal, along with being a producer, I played a character named “Rodney” and helped with still photography. (Search the hashtags #baddealfilm and #baddealshortfilm on social media for behind-the-scenes photos.)
A character named “Chris” was played by C. DeWayne Cunningham (of Carolyn Jean’s Son Visions), who has just released his newest short film The Final Contract.
Follow this blog via email for updates, and be sure to connect with me on social media. Thanks for reading. Much love.
Writer/director C. DeWayne Cunningham of Carolyn Jean’s Son Visions has a new web series out called The Wheelman.
El Pablo J Ablo is a young licensed driver and sneaker head with an interesting part-time job that keeps him on the move.
I got to help out a little on this – B-camera operator (slow-motion footage and second angle) as well as some sound department help as boom operator. (See the Vimeo page for each episode for entire cast/crew listings.)
In the series, you’ll see some cameos and references to some previous CJSV productions that take place in the same universe, specifically The Pretty Brunette and Best Friends Forever: The Love & Crimes of Tiye Ra’ and Corey.
The short film Best Friends Forever: The Love & Crimes of Tiye Ra’ and Corey is now on YouTube!
This action love story takes a glimpse into the life of a special couple destined to be infamous and together forever.
It is written and directed by C. DeWayne Cunningham of Carolyn Jean’s Son Visions (who also plays “Corey” in the film.) I got to help with some crew work – co-DP, camera op, PA, sound – and I play the character of “Daniel Andre Wilson.”
The “Live at Seville” EP is out today! Find it on your favorite platform – iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, Bandcamp, etc. And the live performances are on YouTube. It’s live, raw, emotional, imperfect. I think it was my friend Bubba Hall that used the phrase “psychological nudity” to describe what we do, and I think that’s fitting.
The videos are a Carolyn Jean’s Son Visions / Terrible Master Films collaboration, directed and edited by C. DeWayne Cunningham. He and Sylvester K. Folks ran cameras.
Special thanks to them, Jen Powell, Malerie Bussell, and the Seville Beauty & Barber Shop staff for making this happen!
The Live at Seville EP comes out next Tuesday, but Chasing-Sky.com has an exclusive first look at one of the full videos from the EP – the song “Postmark.”
Along with the video, there is a review of the EP, which is where the title of this blog post came from.
You can wade as deep as you want in the pensiveness of the songs or use them as a sweet distraction from your own set of woes. A taste of relatable sadness, done beautifully.
Read the full review and see the “Postmark” video here.
Again, many thanks to C. DeWayne Cunningham (Carolyn Jean’s Son Visions), Sylvester K. Folks, Jen Powell, Malerie Bussell, and the Seville Beauty & Barber Shop staff for making this project happen, and thanks to Mary at Chasing-Sky.com for taking the time to write about it.
Many thanks to:
C. DeWayne Cunningham / Carolyn Jean’s Son Visions
Sylvester K. Folks
and the Seville Beauty & Barber Shop staff
C. DeWayne Cunningham of Carolyn Jean’s Son Visions, a close friend, fellow filmmaker, and frequent collaborator, has released one of his short films on Vimeo – The Pretty Brunette.
The film stars Jasmin K. Love and Julius “Jay R” Minor and has the tagline “Look closer, first impressions can be deceiving.”
Watch below, or click here to view on Vimeo. Enjoy!
I did one of these earlier this month and already need to update it…
I’ll start with the updates. Along with normal life and work stuff, this is what I’m working on:
- Still working on edits for the short film Lullaby by writer/director Ce Anderson
- Still working on edits for some cast/crew interviews from the feature film Spiritus by writer/director LC Holt
- Editing a music video for Brineaboy that we shot this past weekend in Nashville (if I had time, I could write an entire post about how great that shoot was… but it’ll have to wait for now.. search for #brineaboyvid on Insagram for photos.)
- I’ll be editing Feb. 2017 Guitar Pull photos soon
- Working on a longer-term film project that I’ll announce publicly once I get further into it
Now for some announcements:
- I mentioned last week that Four Thousand Wings, Best Friends Forever, and The Pretty Brunette were all screening at the upcoming George Lindsey Film Festival in Florence, AL.
- Four Thousand Wings will also be on Amazon soon. I’ll post about it once it’s officially available to view.
- Next solo acoustic performance will be Friday, March 3 at Head on the Door in Montgomery, AL. I’m opening for Breaking Aim and the Rhythm for their album release show.
- Also, I will be releasing a live 5-song EP and video performance soon. This project was made possible by filmmakers C. DeWayne Cunningham and Sylvester Folks, along with Jen Powell, Malerie Bussell, and the rest of the kind folks of Seville Beauty & Barber Shop.
- The poster for Spiritus was release this week:
Thanks for reading. More coming soon!
Just a couple of quick updates:
1. The first review of Spiritus is up at the Horror Movie Freaks website.
“A slow burning tale of a spectres revenge and learning your actions have consequences…even beyond the grave!” 4/5 stars.
Read the entire review here.
2. The George Lindsey UNA Film Festival is going on March 2-4 in Florence, AL. If you happen to be in that area on March 2, Four Thousand Wings is screening, along with two films written and directed by my friend C. DeWayne Cunningham of Carolyn Jean’s Son VISIONS – Best Friends Forever and The Pretty Brunette.
See the 2017 schedule here.
More coming soon…
Figured since updates might be a bit sparse, I should at least make another “Now” post. (For more about the “Now” thing, see a previous post about it.)
So, along with normal life and work stuff, this is what I’m working on:
- Editing the short film Lullaby by writer/director Ce Anderson.
- Editing audio for a live music/video project with filmmaker C. DeWayne Cunningham of Carolyn Jean’s Son VISIONS.
- Editing some behind-the-scenes interviews for the feature film Spiritus by writer/director LC Holt.
Along with that, there’s a couple of other film and music projects that are in varying levels of pre-production and production that I’ll be announcing in the weeks and months to come.
And of course, you can follow this blog via email for when there are updates, and keep in touch on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.