I did one of these earlier this month and already need to update it…
I’ll start with the updates. Along with normal life and work stuff, this is what I’m working on:
- Still working on edits for the short film Lullaby by writer/director Ce Anderson
- Still working on edits for some cast/crew interviews from the feature film Spiritus by writer/director LC Holt
- Editing a music video for Brineaboy that we shot this past weekend in Nashville (if I had time, I could write an entire post about how great that shoot was… but it’ll have to wait for now.. search for #brineaboyvid on Insagram for photos.)
- I’ll be editing Feb. 2017 Guitar Pull photos soon
- Working on a longer-term film project that I’ll announce publicly once I get further into it
Now for some announcements:
- I mentioned last week that Four Thousand Wings, Best Friends Forever, and The Pretty Brunette were all screening at the upcoming George Lindsey Film Festival in Florence, AL.
- Four Thousand Wings will also be on Amazon soon. I’ll post about it once it’s officially available to view.
- Next solo acoustic performance will be Friday, March 3 at Head on the Door in Montgomery, AL. I’m opening for Breaking Aim and the Rhythm for their album release show.
- Also, I will be releasing a live 5-song EP and video performance soon. This project was made possible by filmmakers C. DeWayne Cunningham and Sylvester Folks, along with Jen Powell, Malerie Bussell, and the rest of the kind folks of Seville Beauty & Barber Shop.
- The poster for Spiritus was release this week:
Thanks for reading. More coming soon!
Just a couple of quick updates:
1. The first review of Spiritus is up at the Horror Movie Freaks website.
“A slow burning tale of a spectres revenge and learning your actions have consequences…even beyond the grave!” 4/5 stars.
Read the entire review here.
2. The George Lindsey UNA Film Festival is going on March 2-4 in Florence, AL. If you happen to be in that area on March 2, Four Thousand Wings is screening, along with two films written and directed by my friend C. DeWayne Cunningham of Carolyn Jean’s Son VISIONS – Best Friends Forever and The Pretty Brunette.
See the 2017 schedule here.
More coming soon…
Earlier this month, I attended the 2016 George Lindsey UNA Film Festival representing Foolish Henry Films and our short City Federal. It was a great weekend getting to meet and talk with filmmakers from all over the place and see their art on screen. The hospitality of the UNA staff was wonderful, and the city of Florence was beautiful. Lots of great restaurants and bars in the area.
There are two film-related things going on this weekend that I want to tell you about:
1. The 2016 Cinema Soiree
Two short films that I was able to help out with are screening at the event which is taking place this Saturday at 6pm at Pure Artistry Literary Cafe. It’s a formal event, so I might even wear a tux. We’ll see. Anyway, the two films I was part of are Just a Dash (I helped with sound and still photography) and Best Friends Forever (where I was co-director of photography – along with writer/director DeWayne Cunningham of Carolyn Jean’s Son Visions – and played a character named “Daniel Andre Wilson.”)
2. Spiritus auditions
On Sunday, writer/director L.C. Holt, production manager Rick Gardner, and I will be holding auditions for the upcoming horror feature Spiritus. We’re starting at 3pm at the Cloverdale Playhouse. For details and information, see this post on the Spiritus Facebook page.
The Foolish Henry Films short film City Federal will screen at this year’s George Lindsey UNA Film Festival in Florence, AL, the first weekend of March.
Many thanks to the cast and crew that made this film a reality. Principal photography took place in fall 2014, and it was completed by early 2015. We’re very excited to have it screen at the festival.
As mentioned in the previous “Help!” and “Thank you” posts, I use the funds generated from my Glorious 70mm film score project to help cover film festival submission fees to help get these films out there. All the music there is “name your price” (even if $0.00), so download, donate, or don’t, but either way, you’ve got some instrumental film score music to listen to.
Also, if you happen to be on Facebook, please take a moment to hit the “like” button on a couple of film pages:
Foolish Henry Films (who brought you City Federal and Death to the World)
Terrible Master Films (Four Thousand Wings, the “No One (Reprise)” music video)
And if you haven’t seen the trailer for City Federal yet, here it is on YouTube:
Thanks for your generous love and support!