Reminder: Two shows going on tonight, Thursday, Aug. 3, 2017:
- I’m playing with Pensacola’s own Hello Crescendo at Against the Grain. Details here.
- Witchchord and Pleasant Valley are playing at the Sanctuary. Details here.
Pick a show and go. Of course, I’d love for you to pick my show, but I’m friends with the folks playing the other show, so pick one and go. Just don’t stay home tonight.
As I said in my last post, one of the guys in Witchchord happens to be Mr. Shane Gillis of Foolish Henry Films. (Full disclosure: I am FHF’s PR Director.)
Anyway, FHF is a co-producer on the film Spiritus, written and directed by LC Holt, and Shane happens to be the score composer, and he recently released it on Bandcamp.
Shane also directed the recent short film Bad Deal that’s currently in post-production. Director of Photography – the man, the myth, the legend himself – Mr. Joe Walker sent a still image from the film featuring the character of “Jody” played by Mike Cunliffe. It’s already looking awesome.
This Thursday, I’m performing at Against the Grain with Hello Crescendo, a band from Pensacola who is described as “progressive, psychedelic, indie rock.” 8:30 pm. $5.
Also this Thursday, Witchchord is playing with Pleasant Valley at the Sanctuary. 9 pm. $5. One of the Witchchord members is Shane Gillis, director of Bad Deal, a short film that went into production this past weekend.
Bad Deal is the new Foolish Henry Films production (the folks that brought you Death to the World, City Federal, and joined together with Buck’s Row to produce Spiritus.) In Bad Deal, along with being a producer, I played a character named “Rodney” and helped with still photography. (Search the hashtags #baddealfilm and #baddealshortfilm on social media for behind-the-scenes photos.)
A character named “Chris” was played by C. DeWayne Cunningham (of Carolyn Jean’s Son Visions), who has just released his newest short film The Final Contract.
Follow this blog via email for updates, and be sure to connect with me on social media. Thanks for reading. Much love.
I did one of these earlier this month and already need to update it…
I’ll start with the updates. Along with normal life and work stuff, this is what I’m working on:
- Still working on edits for the short film Lullaby by writer/director Ce Anderson
- Still working on edits for some cast/crew interviews from the feature film Spiritus by writer/director LC Holt
- Editing a music video for Brineaboy that we shot this past weekend in Nashville (if I had time, I could write an entire post about how great that shoot was… but it’ll have to wait for now.. search for #brineaboyvid on Insagram for photos.)
- I’ll be editing Feb. 2017 Guitar Pull photos soon
- Working on a longer-term film project that I’ll announce publicly once I get further into it
Now for some announcements:
- I mentioned last week that Four Thousand Wings, Best Friends Forever, and The Pretty Brunette were all screening at the upcoming George Lindsey Film Festival in Florence, AL.
- Four Thousand Wings will also be on Amazon soon. I’ll post about it once it’s officially available to view.
- Next solo acoustic performance will be Friday, March 3 at Head on the Door in Montgomery, AL. I’m opening for Breaking Aim and the Rhythm for their album release show.
- Also, I will be releasing a live 5-song EP and video performance soon. This project was made possible by filmmakers C. DeWayne Cunningham and Sylvester Folks, along with Jen Powell, Malerie Bussell, and the rest of the kind folks of Seville Beauty & Barber Shop.
- The poster for Spiritus was release this week:
Thanks for reading. More coming soon!
Just a couple of quick updates:
1. The first review of Spiritus is up at the Horror Movie Freaks website.
“A slow burning tale of a spectres revenge and learning your actions have consequences…even beyond the grave!” 4/5 stars.
Read the entire review here.
2. The George Lindsey UNA Film Festival is going on March 2-4 in Florence, AL. If you happen to be in that area on March 2, Four Thousand Wings is screening, along with two films written and directed by my friend C. DeWayne Cunningham of Carolyn Jean’s Son VISIONS – Best Friends Forever and The Pretty Brunette.
See the 2017 schedule here.
More coming soon…