Writer/director C. DeWayne Cunningham of Carolyn Jean’s Son Visions has a new web series out called The Wheelman.
El Pablo J Ablo is a young licensed driver and sneaker head with an interesting part-time job that keeps him on the move.
I got to help out a little on this – B-camera operator (slow-motion footage and second angle) as well as some sound department help as boom operator. (See the Vimeo page for each episode for entire cast/crew listings.)
In the series, you’ll see some cameos and references to some previous CJSV productions that take place in the same universe, specifically The Pretty Brunette and Best Friends Forever: The Love & Crimes of Tiye Ra’ and Corey.
C. DeWayne Cunningham of Carolyn Jean’s Son Visions, a close friend, fellow filmmaker, and frequent collaborator, has released one of his short films on Vimeo – The Pretty Brunette.
The film stars Jasmin K. Love and Julius “Jay R” Minor and has the tagline “Look closer, first impressions can be deceiving.”
Watch below, or click here to view on Vimeo. Enjoy!
I did one of these earlier this month and already need to update it…
I’ll start with the updates. Along with normal life and work stuff, this is what I’m working on:
- Still working on edits for the short film Lullaby by writer/director Ce Anderson
- Still working on edits for some cast/crew interviews from the feature film Spiritus by writer/director LC Holt
- Editing a music video for Brineaboy that we shot this past weekend in Nashville (if I had time, I could write an entire post about how great that shoot was… but it’ll have to wait for now.. search for #brineaboyvid on Insagram for photos.)
- I’ll be editing Feb. 2017 Guitar Pull photos soon
- Working on a longer-term film project that I’ll announce publicly once I get further into it
Now for some announcements:
- I mentioned last week that Four Thousand Wings, Best Friends Forever, and The Pretty Brunette were all screening at the upcoming George Lindsey Film Festival in Florence, AL.
- Four Thousand Wings will also be on Amazon soon. I’ll post about it once it’s officially available to view.
- Next solo acoustic performance will be Friday, March 3 at Head on the Door in Montgomery, AL. I’m opening for Breaking Aim and the Rhythm for their album release show.
- Also, I will be releasing a live 5-song EP and video performance soon. This project was made possible by filmmakers C. DeWayne Cunningham and Sylvester Folks, along with Jen Powell, Malerie Bussell, and the rest of the kind folks of Seville Beauty & Barber Shop.
- The poster for Spiritus was release this week:
Thanks for reading. More coming soon!
Just a couple of quick updates:
1. The first review of Spiritus is up at the Horror Movie Freaks website.
“A slow burning tale of a spectres revenge and learning your actions have consequences…even beyond the grave!” 4/5 stars.
Read the entire review here.
2. The George Lindsey UNA Film Festival is going on March 2-4 in Florence, AL. If you happen to be in that area on March 2, Four Thousand Wings is screening, along with two films written and directed by my friend C. DeWayne Cunningham of Carolyn Jean’s Son VISIONS – Best Friends Forever and The Pretty Brunette.
See the 2017 schedule here.
More coming soon…